Telephone 03 6331 5455
Key Contact Hayden Armstrong
Armstrong’s Insurance Brokers are one of Tasmania’s leading insurance brokers, offering insurance solutions to businesses and individuals throughout Tasmania with a focus on delivering the best advice, solutions and services to meet all client’s insurance needs. Armstrong’s Insurance Brokers are part of the Steadfast Network and employ approximately 20 people in Hobart and Launceston.
With the increase of insurance services being delivered online, Armstrong’s Insurance Brokers require strategic advice and business it support to assist them to improve service delivery in an increasingly competitive market.
Recent Technology Goals for Armstong's Insurance Brokers:
Provide strategic guidance to assist in excelling in the delivery of insurance services to clients.
Manage external IT providers to save time and improve outcomes.
Provide reliable, consistent support that enables Armstrong’s Insurance Brokers to focus on service delivery.
The major technology issues that Armstrong’s Insurance Brokers have faced in recent times have been:
- Management of Technology Providers. Management of external technology providers (including a legacy industry-specific software platform and telecommunications providers) was becoming time-consuming and a risk to the organisation;
- Reliable IT Support. Requiring reliable, consistent technical support to avoid costly downtime;
- Costly Hardware Upgrades. Replacing their server with something that would suit their requirements for the next 3-5 years;
- Migrating to the NBN. Migrating to the NBN and assisting them to take full advantage of its benefits; and
- Mobile Device Management. Due to the high reliance on mobile devices to deliver insurance solutions to clients a risk solution was required to ensure the safety of data in the event a mobile device became lost or stolen.
Solutions and Results
Over the last three years the following major solutions have been implemented for Armstrong’s Insurance Brokers.
- Establish Eaglecrest Technologies as the central point of contact to manage external technology providers.
- Reduced wasted internal time
- Improved outcomes from external providers
- Managed Service Level Agreement to provide proactive, reliable technical support.
- Reduced downtime
- Improved productivity
- Provide a replacement server under a Hardware-as-a-Service agreement.
- Improved network performance
- Improved financial management
- Migrate Armstrong’s Insurance Brokers to the NBN, including a cost-effective redundant internet connection.
- Improved communications
- Improved productivity
- Decreased software costs
- Install a Mobile Device Management platform to cover all staff mobile devices.
- Increased security
Eaglecrest Technologies are continuing to work with Armstrong’s Insurance Brokers to lead them in ways they can improve their operations to improve competitiveness and profitability including exploring other cloud-based software.
Eaglecrest Technologies and their IT solutions have been vital to the growth of Armstrong’s Insurance Brokers.
Learn how Mazen Hajjar has combined his love of craft beer with his passion for technology to achieve rapid growth with the most automated craft brewery in the country.