This event was organised by Eaglecrest Technologies in conjunction with Launceston Chamber of Commerce.
About Hawkers Beer
In 2006, Mazen became known as “the crazy guy" brewing the Middle East's first craft beer in war-torn Beirut as the Israelis bombed Hezbollah. This beer was so good that it was eventually exported to 26 countries. When Mazen brewed the first batch for Hawkers Beer in February 2015, it was no surprise that it won the People's Choice Award at the Great Australian Beer Festival – only two days after it was brewed!
In the 2 years since their first award, Mazen has led Hawkers Beer to achieve exponential growth and international critical acclaim by focusing on the right people and the right technology including advanced automation and simple, mobile-based customer management systems.
Come and hear this unique story and learn how Mazen is rapidly achieving his goals to become the best brewery selling the best beer in Australia. Saint John Craft Beer will be featuring a selection of Hawkers beers on tap to ensure you are able to fully appreciate and share in their success.
- When: Thursday 16th November, 5.30 - 7pm
- Where: Barrel Room, Saint John Craft Beer, 133 St. John Street Launceston
- Cost: Free for Launceston Chamber of Commerce members
On Thursday night a passionate group of about 80 technology and/or beer lovers came along to hear from Mazen, and they weren't disappointed.
The crowd managed to survive the normal networking and formalities with ease (possibly helped by the pilsner and pale ale from Hawkers Beer). As Mazen was introduced, the brief language warning gave the crowd an indication that this was going to be a very different Chamber of Commerce event.
Mazen then threw away the traditional presentation style in favour of a more engaging 30 minute conversation with the crowd that touched on:
- How he got started brewing beer in Lebanon
- What he loves about Australia
- Why we should all support good local beer
- How they use a highly automated SAP system to consistently create great beer
- How clever use of their CRM and a great sales team has enabled them to get their beer into so many locations in such a short space of time
Some fantastic questions from the crowd earned them some great prizes (mainly Hawkers Beer) and the conversations continued late into the night.
A big sincere thanks has to go to:
- Mazen Hajjar and Hawkers Beerfor giving us his time and such an honest and entertaining discussion about the highs and lows of starting a brewery
- Launceston Chamber of Commerce for helping us to organise this event
- Saint John Craft Beer for hosting us with great food and putting two different beers from Hawkers Beer on tap
- S. Group for taking the photos
It’s 3am on Sunday morning and your office has burnt down. You have insurance but downtime will mean losing revenue and possibly long-term clients. What do you do?